OnlineDPO Limited Business Purposes
We use the information we collect to provide you with offers and services, to deliver to you; advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests, and to conduct other OnlineDPO Limited business operations.
The following are examples of how we may use the information we collect:
- Answer your questions or respond to your requests
- Send IT related information you may be interested in buying or using as a service
- Develop new products and services
- Create and manage your account
- Process payment for purchases or other services
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions
- Send you email and/or postal messages with information about OnlineDPO Limited brands and other content we think may be of interest to you, including brand and service information from carefully selected business partners
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests, including interest-based advertising
- Personalise your experience on our websites by presenting services and information tailored to you
- Analyse the use of our services and advertising
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business
The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal information to marketers. We share your personal information within OnlineDPO Limited and as described in this Policy Notice. We do not share personal information with marketers outside of OnlineDPO Limited unless you consent to such sharing, or as described within this Policy Notice.
Co-Promotions with Carefully Selected Business Partners
OnlineDPO Limited may collect personal and other information for a co-promotion or joint programme with a business partner and share your information with that business partner. For these programmes, we will make clear at the point of collection that the information will be shared with OnlineDPO Limited and the participating business partner and ask for your consent or provide clear notification as required by applicable laws.
Third-party Service Providers
We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your personal information with them. We provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform the services we request, and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Fulfil your service requests and answer your questions
- Host our sites and deliver our email or other communications
- Manage payments or take other actions on our behalf
- Analyse our data, sometimes combined with data from other sources, to send you communications or provide professional services
- Conduct research and analyse data to improve our products, services and sites
- Perform other services that we request
We may disclose your personal information:
- As part of the sale of a OnlineDPO Limited brand to another company
- To protect and defend the rights and property of OnlineDPO Limited (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions)
- When required by law and/or government authorities
- To fulfil contracted professional services such as Data Privacy related consultancy
Personal Information Retention Period
We will retain Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
- When you notify us, you wish to come off our mailing lists, we will erase your data within 4 weeks
- We may keep your personal data for periods as stipulated under the IMS Documented Information Register
Aggregated and Non-Personal Information
We share aggregated and/or anonymous information that does not identify you for OnlineDPO Limited business purposes. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to OnlineDPO Limited sites or services. We may also share aggregated and/or anonymous information with our business partners for their own business purposes.
OnlineDPO Limited is committed to keeping personal information secure. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical procedures designed to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. We keep personal information in accordance with our companies information security policy.
OnlineDPO Limited may transfer your personal information within OnlineDPO Limited and/or to other third-parties, such as our third-party service providers and business partners (Joint Controllers). Your personal information may be transferred to, stored and processed in a country other than the one in which it was collected. This information will remain within the European Union or countries with appropriate adequacy status.
We have implemented procedures and controls to help ensure that personal information is protected no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to.
Childrens’ Online Privacy
We do not intend to collect personal information online or by other means from children under the age of 13 or as defined by local legal requirements.
Legal Effects and Impact to Individuals:
In some cases, the personal information you provide our clients (Data Controllers) may form contractual obligations and have a significant impact on the individual or individuals providing the information. If you decide not to provide personal information, OnlineDPO Limited may not be able to complete the data processing on behalf of our clients. The provision of personal information direct to OnlineDPO Limited would not normally in its self adversely affect an individual.
GDPR.ie (Joint Controller) A commercial relationship for the provision of joint training engagements and consultancy
IAPP (Joint Controller) A commercial relationship for the provision of joint training
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Information
We will process your information on the following lawful basis as defined by EU Data Protection Law
- Consent example marketing
- Legitimate interest of OnlineDPO limited example a contractor’s contract
- Performance of a contract example for assessing an individual’s suitability for employment
- Legal obligations that OnlineDPO are subject to example providing information to relevant tax authorities